Skip available courses
1. Fundamental concepts of hazards and disasters: Relationship between disasters and development, implications. Introduction to key concepts and terminology of hazard, vulnerability, exposure, risk, crisis, emergencies, Disasters, Resilience.
2. Types of Natural Disasters I- Earth quakes, Landslides. Classification of Disasters and nature of Impacts.
3. Types of Natural Disasters II- Floods, Coastal disasters-Tidal waves, Cyclones, Tsunamis. Classification of Disasters and nature of Impacts.
4. Types of Anthropogenic Disasters I – Soil degradation and desertification.
5. Types of Anthropogenic Disasters II- Fundamental concepts of water and atmospheric pollution.
6. Hazard and disaster management plans for floods, cyclones, tidal waves.
- Teacher: Rakhi Elizabeth Thankachan